Sunday, January 6, 2008

Writer's Block

The purpose of this blog is mainly motivation. I need to write and I need to stop jumping on the net when I'm supposed to be finishing the stories necessary for my book. One of two things will happen (Insha'Allah). Either this will become the blog that I use to get my book written (and eventually noticed) or I will rant and get my book written. I won't even give the other million options any words to sprout from.

I should probably add a bit about me. I'm 25 (be 26 this August, getting old!), a sometimes-vegan (my weaknesses are hard taco supremes from Taco Bell and Edy's Rocky Road ice cream), and a writer of stories that have yet to be published (or copyrighted, for that matter). I am also Black and a Muslim (alhamdu'Allah). My stories are not the "new Black novel" CRAP (I'm sorry, I'm touchy about the subject) that are all over Border's and B&N with their glossy covers with half-naked chicks with sunglasses, drugs, murder, and sex. No, my stuff is entirely different (and better, in my humble yet informed opinion).

Okay, here's the goal. I'm going to finish writing the 15 stories for this book in the next 2 months (Insha'Allah, less), get them copyrighted, and have the book self-published by June. I will update this weekly at least with tidbits on how I'm coming along, as well as my biased opinion on the news of the week. Major Hint: I'm a registered green party member and proud of it, though I would love an Obama-Edwards ticket.

Though this page has been created for family and friends who keep asking "how's the book coming?" I appreciate any new readers as well as new friends. I want to meet more people like me...I know you guys are out there. I should add that I'm also a full time college student and psych major, so I am definitely one of those "what's on your mind?" people.

Good name for the blog right? As you can see, I'm a ranter. The last thing(s) I should say is/are by "people like me" I mean people who are interested in more than what is being force fed to us, mainly pop culture and materialism at all costs (get it?). I am interested in peace, as a state of mind as well as a state of being, love, friendship, moments of joy, sadness that helps me grow, and evolving as a person. Corny but true!

Take good care.

PS- For those who haven't been a Lupe Fiasco fan (though I keep telling you to), The Cool is out now, pick it up, it's a gem. Peace.

No comments: